He Arotake Whanaketanga mō te Mātauranga Ahurea Katorika-Te Ture Tāuke mō ngā Kura Katorika
Catholic Special Charcter Evaluation for Development Catholic State Integrated Schools Aotearoa New Zealand
This document for evaluation of Catholic special character will replace the current 2018 framework for Catholic special character review. Each diocesan education office will develop their own plan for roll out of the document over the next twelve months.
The purpose of the revision of the 2018 Framework document was three fold:
- To move the focus from review to evaluation of Catholic special character, thus a greater emphasis on examining the effect of what is being done to safeguard and strengthen Catholic special character.
- To provide guidance to schools and school boards on culturally responsive evaluation that recognises Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ensures engagement with mana whenua and that te ao and mātauranga Māori (worldview, values and knowledge of Māori) are part of the evaluation process.
- To provided suggested examples of actions, knowledge and/or behaviours that may be provided to influence faith development of students. And, to provide suggested examples of actions, knowledge and/or behaviours that help ascertain the possible growth in faith development of students and/or the school community.
This document will be used by:
- evaluation teams to externally evaluate the Catholic special character of schools
- boards and schools to prepare for external evaluation and to internally evaluate their Catholic special character